Get out your lederhosen, spruce up your dirndls and prepare to eat and drink German style — It’s time for Oktoberfest at Middendorf’s! Oktoberfest runs for 6 weeks, every Wednesday and Thursday, at Middendorf’s Manchac and Middendorf’s Slidell. It starts on Oktober 4, 2023 and ends on November 9, 2023. That’s right… Oktoberfest is so much fun that it spills over into November!
There is a different Oktoberfest meal available each week (while supplies last):
The German expertise comes from Middendorf’s Owner and European Master Chef Horst Pfeifer who is a native of Germany. He grew-up in the hamlet of Bächlingen where his family still lives today. The village was established in 950 AD and boasts a grand population of around 150 people.
“It’s an honor to share my German heritage with everyone through the recipes that I grew up with,” said Middendorf’s Owner Horst Pfeifer. “I think Louis Middendorf would have been so happy to see Oktoberfest here at the restaurant. Louis was also from Germany, and he founded Middendorf’s back in 1934 with his wife, Josie. It’s funny because Middendorf’s is so widely known for seafood that a lot of people don’t realize that Middendorf is actually a German name.”
- During Oktoberfest, there is a different German meal available each week for lunch and dinner, 10:30am-9:00pm (while supplies last). Guests who eat an Oktoberfest meal for all six weeks will receive an Oktoberfest Prize! Punch cards must be punched each week and turned in on the final week.
- Of course, there is a great selection of German beer to accompany your meal.
- The full regular menu is also available for guests so those who can’t possibly come to Middendorf’s without partaking of the “World Famous Thin Fried Catfish” can rest assured, the catfish and other beloved seafood dishes aren’t going anywhere.
- Authentic German music is also in store for Oktoberfest.
- Join in the fun by dressing up in your favorite lederhosen and dirndls like our front of house staff. We’ll have great accessories in our gift shop.