Open: Wednesday-Sunday, 10:30am-9:00pm
Location: 30160 Hwy 51 S, Akers (Manchac), LA 70421
Phone: (985) 386-6666
- Fettuccine Frenzy – An annual event in September featuring homemade, paper-thin fettuccine
- Oktoberfest – An annual event in October/November featuring authentic German food, music and fun
- EVENTS CALENDAR
- How far are you from the interstate? We’re right off I-55, Exit 15 Manchac. You can see us from the interstate.
- Do you have parking? We have several parking lots with plenty of room… even for RVs and buses.
- Do I need reservations? We do not take reservations. It’s first come, first serve.
- Can you accommodate large groups? Yes — we’re a big place! If you have a group of 20 or more, we appreciate a heads-up.
- Do you host private events? Whether it’s for business, personal or just family fun… we host events at Middendorf’s Manchac.
- What is the dress code? It’s all casual over here.
- Can I get there by boat? Yes! We’re located on Lake Maurepas: N 30° 17.337’, W 90° 24.087’, and we a lot of space to dock your boat.
- Do you have outdoor dining? We have The Deck which is located on beautiful Lake Maurepas. It’s open in the warmer months (usually Spring-Early Fall) on Saturdays and Sundays, 10:30am-6:00pm (weather/staff permitting). The Deck is designed to stay cool with an insulated roof, misters and fans. No wait staff out there — order and pick up food from the bar. There’s also a sand play area for the kids with palm trees, sun shades and a Fishing Wishing Well. Arrive via water or land. Also, when the weather is really nice, we’ll open the windows on The Porch which overlooks the sand play area and has great views of the water.
- Do you have anything for children to do? We have a sand play area with the Fishing Wishing Well, palm trees and sun shades. We also have our animal enclosure where you can watch our chickens, geese, fish and more. Plus, we have the Middendorf’s Express G model train inside the restaurant. It makes its rounds all year long, exciting little kids and grown up kids alike. During the holidays, we have tons of fun Christmas decorations which make great backdrops for family photos.
- What’s on your menu? We’re known for our Thin Fried Catfish, but we have a whole lot more on our menu.
- Is there a children’s menu? Yes, we have a menu for children 10 years and younger.
- Can I bring a cake? Traditional cakes are allowed.
- Do you sell gift cards? We have two types of gift cards: traditional/physical and e-gift cards. You can purchase both in our restaurants or online, and they can be used at Middendorf’s Manchac and Middendorf’s Slidell.
- Are you hiring? We’re always looking for good people to join our Dorfer Crew. Apply in-person Wednesday-Friday, 11am-4pm or apply online.
- How do I watch “Hangin’ with Horst?” This new video series is on your YouTube Channel where you’ll find all kinds of fun videos to watch.
- How do I find out what’s happening at Middendorf’s? Follow us on social media (Facebook & Instagram) and sign-up for our e-newsletter.