THE WINE: We’ll have two wine aficionados with us to showcase Marchesi Antinori and Prunotto Italian Wines — Mallory Young of Southern Glazer’s Signature Fine Wines & Spirits (the world’s preeminent distributor of wine and spirits) and Ashleigh Hammel, the Brand Development Manager for Ste. Michelle Wine Estates for Southern Glazer’s. Ste. Michelle Wine Estates has a partnership with Marchesi Antinori and Prunotto wineries.
- Marchesi Antinori — The Antinori family has been committed to the art of winemaking for over six centuries since 1385 when Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member of the “Arte Fiorentina dei Vinattieri”, the Florentine Winemakers’ Guild. All throughout its history, twenty-six generations long, the Antinori family has managed the business directly making innovative and sometimes bold decisions while upholding the utmost respect for traditions and the environment.
- Antinori also owns Prunotto — The winemaker’s vineyards extend over approximately 161 acres in the territories of The Langhe and Monferrato. Prunottos’ rich heritage and unique attributes are revealed in each bottle of wine, capturing the thousands of different expressions that each vineyard parcel is able to reflect. It’s a continuous challenge between tradition and innovation.
THE FOOD: European Master Chef Horst Pfeifer will prepare a four course gourmet Italian meal, complimented by the carefully chosen Italian wines. Chef Pfeifer is the current Owner of Middendorf’s and the former owner of Bella Luna, a fine dining restaurant in the French Quarter. He has a wonderful meal planned for “A Taste of Italy”… or perhaps we should say a delizioso meal. Buon Appetito!
- 1st Course
Frutti di Mare Salad
2021 Guado al Tasso Scalabrone Rosé
- 2nd Course
Bella Luna Fettuccine, Tossed Tableside
- 3rd Course
Pork Saltimbocca, Caper Reduction, Sun Dried Tomatoes
2021 Guado al Tasso I1 Bruciato
- 4th Course
Limoncello Gelato Hazelnut Cake
2021 Moscato d’Asti
Bella Luna Focaccia Bread and Whipped Butter will be available throughout the meal.
- The evening begins at 6:30pm in the “Bella Luna” private dining room. Our welcome drink will be served at this time — Aperol Spritz. Feel free to walk around and mingle.
- At 7:00pm, we will ask for everyone to be seated. Dinner will begin shortly.
- Seating is banquet style. This is a social event celebrating our shared love of food and wine.
- Attire is business casual.
- The price for this Wine Tasting Dinner is 100.00 per person (inclusive of tax and gratuity)*.
- Reservations are required. Limited seating available.
- Questions: (985) 771-7777 x2, firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: “A Taste of Italy” Partake Event
- When: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 6:30pm
- Where: Middendorf’s Slidell, 1951 Oak Harbor Blvd, Slidell, LA 70461
*No refunds will be given less than 5 days prior to a Partake event.
A festive Wine Tasting Dinner on Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 6:30pm. Stay tuned for details! (Reservations accepted beginning 11/1/23)
Partake events are held on the first Wednesday of the month. We will have to take a break in October and November due to Oktoberfest at Middendorf’s.